Thursday, March 8, 2012

We're Moving

Special Announcement: ActuallyFree.info is changing webhosts. ActuallyFree.info has been a side project of mine over the last 3 1/2 years. I needed a side income for school and I wanted to show others that it's possible to make money online with free resources. I also wanted to demonstrate that there are products and services that you can actually get for free (and legally) if you know where to look or what to do. The idea was to use free web building tools and free hosting from OfficeLive.com (a free service offered by Microsoft), build a website with free content and then get paid for advertising. It has been working out pretty well, though hasn't quite reached the level I was hoping for yet. There are still multiple pages on the site that I was looking to update and make more presentable, but now that will have to wait. OfficeLive has announced that their free website services will be ending in April and there is no automatic way to transfer the site to their new service. At this point I'd be willing to pay for the new service since the site is earning enough to make ends meet. However, since I have to transfer all the information manauly anyway, I figured I might as well switch to a new free service. So the new home of ActuallyFree.info will be Google Sites. There is info there now that you are welcome to read. However, I suspect it will take a while before I get everything added the way I want it. Until then, this blog will still be active with the weekly events of Free Movie Monday, Web Freebie Wednesday and Free Stuff Friday. The freebie finding help service will also still be available with this blog.

No comments: